Saturday, December 6, 2014

last night/day

I honestly tried to avoid thinking about it and putting off that it would actually come, but it came anyway...my last 24 hours in Switzerland...My AMAZING friends threw me a going away dinner party at Claudia's. We ate, drank and just talked and enjoyed each other's company. They were even so great to get me the sweetest gifts - a photo memory book from my time in Switzerland and a fondue pot with my name on it (how cool is that?!) were a couple of the things that I will treasure forever. After another night in the hotel I was staying at (since I got kicked out of my apartment on December 1st) and packing my two HUGE suitcases, one carryon, backpack with ski helmet hanging off (the movers had already come for most of my stuff and this is what remained), Christine picked me up and drove me to the airport. Adrian, Piotr, Jelena, Claudia, Thomas & Tara met us there for one last coffee (I think the guys drank beer despite it being approximately 7am) and some last laughs before a tearful goodbye. I was truly blessed to find this amazing group of lifelong friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment